View Single Post
Old 08-17-11, 05:29 AM
Susurrus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interesting thread. I will join in. Have there been any women on this thread? Those with children, I can see might not have this as a priority. But I am glad to know I'm not the only person of either sex, who finds this a worthwhile goal. Interesting that it is on the bike forum. I am trying to cut back on possessions and finding it hard, mainly just to get up the energy to decide what goes and how to get rid of it. Being that I don't have a car, I will have to either set it out in boxes on the street, a yard sale, or craigslist. I don't have too much of value anyway, being that I lost a job, marriage and a house and already got rid of a lot of items during that process a few years ago. I am now lucky to have a great work from home position (I actually have more work than I have time for now, although it is not extremely high paying, but certainly enough even though I have a big old student loan that will start taking away another large percentage of my income soon, probably for the rest of my life... oh well, not the place for that discussion) But I live in a small place. I have too many books, clothing, mostly. I invested a lot of money in to some of the books, and some have sentimental value. The art books can be to beautiful to get rid of. I also have art supplies (that I don't have time for lately) I find hard to give away as well. I think if I got rid of some of my broken furniture and some clutter that I would have more time for the art as a hobby. I actually have 4 bikes now, all old but one (and it was not expensive - but required and will probably continue to require upgrades - back wheel did not even last 3 months - the rim actually bent!) After having one that failed on me, I don't mind having the extras, and I am learning so much in the process of buying the used but classic bikes. I only miss having a car, in that i think I might like to gather up my most important valuables at some point and move until I find a place to live that is a bit less hot in the Summer.