dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by brakemeister
the brommie was lighter ? 3 lbs even ?
thats a new one to me ..... unless you compare a titanium single speed with the Rei 8 speed internal can with fenders carriers pump and whatnotelse ....maybe a couple of panniers ?
Sorry,2 pounds. Checked my chart,and according to my digital fish scale my S6L weighs 25lbs 13oz,and the Flyby weighed 27lbs 14oz. The Bommie is a 6sp,all steel,fenders/minipump,with Kojak tires. The rear wheel of the Flyby,w/o tire weighed 5lbs 6oz on its own.

Originally Posted by brakemeister
as for pushing the bike.... I have no problems pushing my Curve ( or Mu ) on the seatpost.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDbJ1RM8s9k
as somebody else here demonstrates .... doesnt seem to be all that difficult to me....
Interesting. Never thought to try that. However,the Brommie still rolls much easier;you just slide it around or pull it by the handlebar behind you like rolling luggage. The vid shows you having to balance the Dahon like a handtruck.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X