Old 08-17-11, 06:47 PM
Abe Froman
Sausage King

Bikes: 2008 Specialized Langster, Kilo WT, 1986 Dahon Classic Folder, 1986 Panasonic Mountain Cat

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ha. Yeah like I said the trail conditions weren't even worth of a second thought. They were very typical. There were other bikes out this particular morning. At one point on the trail we met up with a fellow riding a specialized road bike with 700x23's, taking nature pics with an SLR. He was riding. There was no trail damage from us or him riding.

This is a city park and the trails are maintained by the city. I'll stop into a city council meeting and see if I can get those low spots taken care of. while I'm there I'll tell them that because their bridges are washed out I have to ride on hiker trail for a mile to connect back up with the bike trail. I'll ask if they'll change it to a multi user section of trail. When I go ride there this Saturday, I'll dismount my bike, throw it over my shoulder and run this section of trail, cyclocross style. It'll be good training.

The woman that I refer to as a "hippy" was barefoot on the trail. Her feet weren't muddy. She knew the trail wasn't muddy. I wasn't muddy. My tires had mud on them.

She got there by driving a ford ranger 4x4. She was parked no more than 10 feet off the trail she claimed was being damaged by a bike.

The point was, here was a crazy lady who communicates to others by singing instead of talking, and was willing to throw herself in front of bikes and possibly get into a physical confrontation...I'm reasonably sure I could have kicked her ass, but it's hard to tell once chainsaws are involved. I just wanted to ride.

Anyone else meet up with people like this singing crazy woman?