roadiejorge 
stole your bike

Bikes: Orbea Orca, Ridley Compact

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4201 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
Calm down Fredly. First wait and see if this ever hits your LBS. Then wait and see if this crap actually works in the real friggin world. I haven't even seen this in the pro peloton yet, so it's not like there's a lot of evidence they have thoroughly field tested this under heavy use (like Shimano did with Di2 in the pro ranks for a couple of years before they brought it to the retail customers).

The only thing you idiots have going for you on this is the large company (Garmin) behind this new innovative product. Let's hope it's everything it's cracked up to be.
Vaporware for now but I think this will take off because if it works as well as other powermeters currently available then it will have an edge in that it can be transfered to different bikes easily. The fact Garmin is behind it makes me think this will be out relatively soon, I don't think they would announce it if they weren't confident it will be successful. As for the price point well it's a bit steep but comparable to other powermeters so it can present itself as a viable option once people see some real world testing. I will definitely consider purchasing the Vector if it proves to be a solid product.

Originally Posted by patentcad
You don't need a power meter to train or to get faster, I have plenty of long time racing pals who prove that regularly. But it does provide you with training data and metrics no other tool can match; it can confirm things you suspect about your strengths/weaknesses, it can help you train on days when your heart rate doesn't cooperate. In fact, the more you use a power meter, the more pointless heart rate starts to seem as a training metric or barometer. That's all they had 10+ years ago of course. Not much difference between using an HRM and 'go hard, then recover, then go again' in my view. Which is essentially what all this crap comes down to anyway.

Good grief you velo morons, let's just face it, everybody just wants another friggin toy. I know I do.
correcto-mundo