Old 08-18-11, 02:09 PM
domdino

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike Tour from Los Angeles > Rio De Janeiro

Ok. I've searched around seeing if anyone has done this one, and i'm sure someone has but they haven't made themselves a webpage for it I've seen quite a few people do the pan american down to the tip of South America, but we want to ride from California to Rio.

I was wondering if anyone can offer any insights on this tour, we've done the transamerican ride which was incredible, but we want a bit more a challenge now So next summer we are heading south with about 4-5 months of time to ride about 9000 miles. We've only just come up with the idea, first things first i'm taking spanish classes but i'd love to get any wisdom from people who have either ridden part of what we'll be riding, knows anything about visas/bribes/dangerous areas, food supplies, water supplies, any information would be greatly appreciated

We're very excited about doing it. When ever we get together we inevitably end up talking for hours on end about our great american bicycle adventure, fortunately the stories don't seem to bore our friends either, we need to do another and this is what we have our hearts set on!!

Thanks so much guys, i hope everyones enjoying their lovely wheely things