View Single Post
Old 08-22-11, 06:55 AM
carfreephilly

Bikes: Brompton S2L, Trek Belleville, Kona Ute, Raleigh Twenty (1971 folder, 1969 non-folder)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I wouldn't ever go as extreme as some of the folks on this thread, as it's just not for me. I do like having some creature comforts, and I especially love having a few beautiful (and big/heavy) pieces of antique furniture owned by my great-great grandmother, whom I was named for. But I wish I could go back in time to around 2005, when my partner and I started living together, and NOT buy/accumulate 90% of the things we did. I also wish I could un-buy our house (sure I'm not alone in that right now!). Having terrible neighbors wouldn't be so bad if we were renting and could pick up and move to get away from them. I'd do it tomorrow if I could.

But when it comes down to it, no matter how much stuff we get rid of, even if we sell or downsize our home, we are still tied down by our pets. That sounds mean, but traveling or moving with 2 dogs and a bunch of cats to look after is difficult! I wouldn't trade them for anything, though.