Old 08-22-11, 07:14 PM
electrik
Single-serving poster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by larwyn
It's my understanding that the crushed limestone path is the MUP in the same area as the hiking and biking trails. That does not mean that all the trails are open to whoever wishes to use them or that the MUP is open to all 4x4's and hippies with chainsaws (only those with permits). Motor vehicles, power equipment and laborers are among the things necessary to keep the trails open to the public. This is the first post that I have seen mentioning the odor of the 4x4.
So, now you understand the irony of complaining about mud kicked up by bicycle tire when you tear down a road and drive your suv right up. There are ATV, if you need that, to carry chainsaws. Dakine also makes a trailbuilder backpack that has a specific slot for a small chainsaw. Why doesn't the forest fairy use those?
Nobody was there to "cut the crap out of the forest", they were there to cut up and remove fallen trees, not to fell them.
Aka cut the crap outta the forest. Downed trees should be left in place not chainsawed up, particular if you're one to complain about mud being disturbed.
It does not take an officer of the law to inform someone that they are breaking the rules of the trail. Anyone legally using that trail had every right to demand that the bicyclist not ride on that trail.
Sure, but i said it takes an officer of the law to do what this woman took it upon herself todo - physically confront.
I do not believe that you would come out all that well if you were to deck someone for touching your handlebars as you attempted to ride off along your merry way after being informed that that you were on a restricted trail. Regardless of who that person might be.

I really don't understand this one; "that is your chauvinist prerogative". Did you mean chivalric instead? It makes no sense to me as written.
I might deck somebody if i thought they were going to have at me and grabbing my bicycle and thereby restraining me is PLENTY of cause. Your attitude is also chauvinist, not chivalric, because you've assume just because she is a woman that she is harmless.
The lady showed no disrespect for the people she was there to help, even informing the OP that he was on a restricted trail was completely in line with helping maintain a useable system of trails for both hikers and bicyclists. She tried to help him not break the rules, she was apparently unsuccessful in doing so as the ungrateful OP got right back on the restricted trail at the first opportunity.
It's disrespect because of her lack of respect for other users by accosting them. Her "helping" him to not break the rules should have ONLY been a word that the trail is closed - which isn't what happened. She helped NOBODY as evidenced herein.
It is that small group of bicyclists who feel that everyone and everything should get out of their way and let them ride that is making things more difficult for everyone else. We are not amused.
Wrong. Anybody who has spent time in any land use hearing will know that hiking groups are the first to try and get every other use banned. Cyclists do not engage in this exclusive behavior to the extend i've witness hiking groups.