Old 08-24-11, 12:29 AM
blaise_f

Bikes: Surly Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't have a Stronglight crank puller, and you might have some issues finding a shop with one (try Landis or Try Me Bikes - they're pretty much our 'older' shops). While I don't really want to slander the shop, I feel overly disserviced by them. I love closest to the Landis on Indian School, and Sunday while on a ride with two other cyclists, following the laws PHX and AZ have set forth, we had a mechanic of that very shop run us off the road in his motor vehicle. He kept saying he was trying to be helpful and tell us the laws. If a police saw any person driving this way, bicycle around or not, the driver would likely get arrested on the spot. Stop in the middle of a traffic lane behind us, burnout, swerve in front of two of the cyclists, and literally run me off the road in fear that I'm about to get run over and slam on the brakes and smoke them, screeching to a stop.

Scottsdale or Tempe (101) Landis have always been very good to me. Slippery Pig is a decent option downtown (and next-door to some of the best coffee in PHX), though I wasn't thrilled with their truing job of my dad's wheels. The Tempe Bike owner(s) (husband and wife) are stuck up a-holes from all my personal experience with them (which is saying a lot - they're Wheelmen and all).