Old 08-25-11, 04:25 AM
macias

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Saddle hardness--Selle Italia SLR, Flite, C2, SLK and San Marco Mantra, Ponza Power

Hello,

I am not asking about whether this or that saddle is good for me, but rather technical thing -- how hard is given saddle. Is it more like a sponge (the moment you touch it, your finger is few centimeters in it), like a tennis ball (it takes the effort to
press it), like a solid rubber ball (it bends just a few mm no matter what) or like a steel ball (only a Superman can bend it).

I am interested in those particular saddles:
* Selle Italia SLR XC Flow
* Selle Italia Flite XC Gel Flow
* Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow
* Selle Italia SLK Gel Flow
* San Marco Mantra
* San Marco Ponza Power Arrowhead

Currently I have Selle Royal Urban Viper saddle, I need something as firm as this saddle (more like a solid rubber ball), but more narrow and more flat (even when sitting in it).

And when I am talking about hardness let me wonder aloud -- is those ergonomic saddles (with hole in them) are not that ergonomic? I mean, average pressure is higher actually, because the body weight is constant, but if you "add" a hole to something, the surface decreases and thus some parts of your body are put in the air, but the rest of your body has to hold entire weight.
So in case of hole, the hardness of the material will be the same, but practical hardness will be lower (more weight per cm^1 --> more flex --> more change in geometry).

As you may noticed I initially picked the saddles with holes, but I am not that sure if it was right move (I am not looking for stiffness per se, but for saddle which is flat, I don't want any bends any more).

I hope my English is understandable ;-).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,