Old 08-25-11, 03:43 PM
cleon
Recently Addicted

Bikes: M1 w/105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, thanks for the feedback guys. I did do the fit and I am happy to have gone through the process. I'm sure most of the information is out there on the web, but having someone watch your body mechanics as you ride is hard to replicate on your own. I learned a few things as well in terms of correct hand positioning etc. I'm a wide guy and all of the recommendations made complete sense to me. With more experience I'm sure I would have known what/how to do it on my own but like one of the above posters mentioned, it sure helps to have a pro do it once with you to know what to look for.

I ended up widening my bars from 41" to 44", raising my bar/saddle drop from -4cm to about level, and shortening my reach to the hoods by quite a bit which pulled weight off my hands. Also corrected my cleat placement and pronation issues to align my feet/knees/hips. Overall it was very helpful and I look forward to seeing how it affects my next long ride.

Just going through the exercise will let me correct 80% of my fit on my own next time (things like handlebar width, bar height, etc.), and definitely enlightened me on what to think about in terms of my pedal stroke/biomechanics.

Anyway, thanks again for the input.

Last edited by cleon; 08-26-11 at 08:13 AM.