Old 08-26-11, 08:16 AM
NYgreyrider

Bikes: Giant Defy Advanced

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeMomTn
Well my husband talked with the officer at the school this morning who says they have been receiving 'complaints' about a young child riding to school and back (remember this is a distance of 1 mile). Not that the child was doing anything unsafe, just that she was riding to and from school.And it is there 'policy' in issues of safety to inform child protective services. He did write a report regarding this so I will go down today and pick that up (I want a copy for my records)
Well there you go. If this is in fact true it answers a lot of questions. Anytime a complaint is made to the police about the safety of a child they are going to investigate to cover their rear end. Many times these complaints are done by people who literally have nothing better to do than call the police every time they perceive a problem real or imagined. As far as the police are concerned they can check the box and informed the complainant that they talked to the parents and have notified the proper agency and it is no longer their problem. This also covers them if in the future something does occur. The person you really want to talk to is the complainant, if in fact they do exist and did not call in anonymously. Some of these people just won't stop and if they think the police haven't acted on their complainant in a manner to their satisfaction it is only a matter of time before some of these people will try and address the situation with either you or your child.