View Single Post
Old 08-26-11, 05:00 PM
Robert Foster
Banned.

Bikes: Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Roody
WTF does posession of a driver's license have to do with it. I have not owned a car for all but 2 months out of the past 10 years, and I haven't driven at all for more than a year. But I still have a DL, and I plan to keep it as long as I'm able to drive--even if I never do drive. It's good ID, and who knows when I wil need a DL for an emergency, or to get a job?

BTW, I don't want to say the name of the person whose quibbles about definitions inspired me to start this thread, but his initials are Robert F.
well I was thinking the simple ownership thing wouldn't work because a person with Drivers License could still drive a borrowed car and not own it. They could lease a car and not own it. They could rent a car and not own it. But dude it doesn't matter because you all define car free differently. State of mind for some. A direction for others. Part time for others. It has no definition and it is even stated in the title of the forum. If you only use is a absolute. That was why I found the USE definition agreeable, I didn't post it by the way. If you use a car you are not car free you are something else. If you rent a car you use a car. If you lease a car you use a car. I can let a taxi slide as a form of public transportation. But I didn't put the Definition on the forum title some of you must have.

I Quote: "Forum: Living Car Free
Did you give up your car for good? Is your bike and public transportation the only way you travel from point A to point B? If your only mode of transportation is your bike, discuss your car-free lifestyle here.

I ask what only means to you? I ask what was the intent when to forum title was posted. Don't shoot the messenger. Shoot whoever put the definition in the forum title.