View Single Post
Old 08-26-11, 09:09 PM
dygituljunky

Bikes: Giant Sedona (Mid 90's), Giant Seek 2, Greenspeed Anura

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yesterday I rode only to the next town over to the new bike co-op. Halfway there, there's a toddler wandering into the road. Another cyclist and I stopped and walked the toddler back down to his family who ran out the back door looking for him as we were walking him down the hill.

Today, on the way in to work, I was riding on the MUP next to a roadway in front of an apartment complex. There were 20-30 students waiting for the school bus standing around on the MUP. I rang my new bike bell multiple times and some moved. I started using my stage voice to say, "Excuse me!" several times and all but one moved. I slowed, noticed that the last student-obstacle had in earphones and whistled as loud as I possibly could within 10 feet of him. Still no movement. I stop short, hop on my left foot with my right still clipped in until I can reach him with my arm, and tap him on the shoulder. The look of surprise on his face surprised me. I said "excuse me" and he kept looking at me with the same surprised expression. I was totally flabbergasted that he didn't move until I used a stern tone to say, "You need to move. You're blocking the path" and made a shooing motion. I had just started rolling again and was locking into my left pedal when a member of the peanut gallery spoke up and said to me, "No need to get an attitude with him." All I could do was shake my head and keep riding away, still not believing what had just happened.

The other rides have been fairly normal with average speeds, high temperatures, and a few close passes.

Last edited by dygituljunky; 08-27-11 at 03:58 PM. Reason: grammatical error