Old 08-27-11, 11:54 AM
kf9yr

Bikes: 2011 Serotta Ottrott, Serotta TI Road Bike, Serotta TI MTB,Ritchey Breakaway Ti Cross, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Cannondale Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Get Speedplay cafe covers (plastic covers for your cleats that let you walk quasi-normally).... Slip them in your jersey pocket or Camelback and forget about the flip-flops.

I ride 7500 miles per year... I carry RoadID, cell phone (in baggy in jersey pocket), Speedplay cafe covers (jersey pocket), C02 inflator, 2 CO2 canisters, a couple of patches, 1 spare tube, 1 spare link, multi-tool, 2 tire levers, $20 bill and 2 Camelback Ice Insulated Water bottles.

I just have the small Fi'Zik seat bag, two bottle holders on the frame and my jersey pockets to store things in. If I'm going for a ride in a new scenic area I'll add a small camera (Canon S95) in one of those top tube bags. I also add gels, energy bars, etc to my free jersey pocket if it's going to be a ride more than 2 hours in length.

If I'm going for a solo century or a ride in an area with poor cell phone coverage I'll put the bike on the stand the night before the ride and give the bike a thorough going-over (wash, check chain wear, lube chain, check cables for fraying, check brake pads and brake clearance, FD and RD, tire wear/embedded debris check, etc).

I did carry a frame pump as back up for a couple of years but I never needed to use it and finally just put it in the spare bike stuff drawer of my tool cabinet.