View Single Post
Old 08-27-11, 12:09 PM
closetbiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
The City of Vancouver has an interest in a successful run of their new PBS system which is due to be up and running next spring, but municiple law is trumped by provincial law; the CoV can't enact a municiple by-law to rid vancouver of the helmet law.

I've talked not only to city officials, but also to my provincial representative, soliciter general, minister of Transport, and the Premier of my province about the law. So far, no traction, but I talked to the director of the PBS system and he's working on an exemption for PBS users based on a business precident and the record of pedi-cab operators who have an exemption. (in the 15 years since our MHL came into effect, there hasn't been a single head injury to any passenger or operator of a pedi-cab)

The superior safety record of PBS systems around the world will help too. Because each time a PSB is used and recorded, and every accident/incident is noted, it is easliy shown that injuries on PSBs are extremely rare. The record of PSBs show them to be very safe and the injuries that helmets are meant to prevent, almost never happen. NO need, no helmet.

Last edited by closetbiker; 08-27-11 at 12:17 PM.