View Single Post
Old 08-27-11, 12:33 PM
Robert Foster
Banned.

Bikes: Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Roody
Your tenacity and purism are usually an asset to the forum, but on this point I think your inflexibility is very frustrating. Are you a Republican Congressman in real life? I wish you could get that we're only talking about a working definition--this is not the Nicene Creed of Carfree Living.

But face the facts--we ALL depend on cars to some degree, and we all acknowledge this fact.

By your overly strict definition, there are probably a dozen cardree people in the entire developed world. They all live together on an Aleutian island, and they're waiting for the Mothership to come and fetch them. At that point, they'll still be carfree, but not spaceshipfree.

Are there are no people posting in this forum that simply do not use a car even if it is a rental? It does seem like you agree the definition posted for the forum is too restrictive. Come to an agreement on what car free is or how often someone can use a car and be car free and I won't seem to be so literal. I have just noticed a rather cavalier attitude when using the term. Just as an aside, if you do agree on the idea that car free excludes ownership in the household will some have to change their perceived status?