Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
AN;13140948]With respect, Roody:

Why does it matter? [/QUOTE]
I wanted to convey the idea that this is not a thread about substantive issues. It's really a "housekeeping" thread. If we agree on definitions for commonly used term, we don't have to waste time arguing about the definitions every time the word is used in a sentence. That's all.

Originally Posted by DX-MAN
I've been coming to this subforum for a long time, been without a car a LOT longer (I also maintain the DL, 'just in case'), and I wind up driving a family member's car probably 2-3x/year. The fact that I have family in the household who own cars, and contribute car use to care for the household, would lead me to call myself 'car-lite'. But let's just keep it simple.

We ride our bikes so much, they have replaced cars as 'centric' to the needs of our lives. THAT, to me, is the core of this subforum. Whether you or someone else is 'further along' the line in the quest for total car-independence is irrelevant, we share the desire to do something other than drive everywhere. We all have had experiences and challenges that others of a like mind could benefit from, that's why we have this outlet.

It's a different way of life, that's all; no need to profile ourselves.
Like you, I have no interest in profiling or categorizing people. We do need to categorize ideas if we want to have meaningful discussions. I think that's basically what a definitions is--a way of classifying ideas so that they can be understood by others just as we intend them to be understood.

You've got me worried that I said certain people are better than others because of their transportation status. That's the last thing I would ever want to say on this forum.

"Think Outside the Cage"