Old 08-28-11, 09:39 AM
BruceMetras

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MnHPVA Guy
Bruce,
Can you give me the hub flange diameter at the spoke holes? I'm interested in replacing my Sturmey S2 with a SRAM automatic w/o brake. I'm hoping I can reuse the spokes but i'm having no luck finding out the dimensions.

It's almost random which gear I'll be in after backpedalling the S2. Or which gear I'll be in if i hit a bump while coasting. Too bad because the thing feels solid as a bank vault. But I bought it to have a bike I didn't have to think about while riding and it's definitely not working out that way. And my son won't ride with me when I'm on that bike because the clicking in high gear drives him nuts.
I used a spoke hole measurement of 69mm eyeballing center to center .. on 120mm spacing I used 32mm R and 31mm L (flange to locknut).. also, a sharp enough bump will shift it to high (even if below centrifugal shift point).. you can choose to pedal on in high, or ease pressure at the pedals and it will drop back to low.. the A2 does rhythmically tick in high gear, but I kind of like it and it's less intrusive than the S2C was on the same bike... but your son still may not ride with you