View Single Post
Old 08-28-11, 12:10 PM
flash2070

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
I went to a garage sale about a year ago. There was no garage sale items in the front of the house, but the signs indicated to go around the back. I entered the enclosed patio, and all I saw were nickknacks, Christmas stuff, and household items. I was about to leave, but decided to ask the owner if she had any bikes. She thinks about it for a minute, and saids "come with me" She is leading me towards the back of her property, and in the distance I see a huge barn. My mind starts going off, and I'm visualizing that she opens the door to the barn, and once the doors open I see bikes, and more bikes hangin from the rafters! :-) The doors to the barn were not opened, but on the side of the barn there are two bikes. One is a folding bike, and the other is a beautiful Viscount (white and red color scheme). I look over the bike, and I determine that it is in great shape. I then ask her how much she wants for it, and she looks at me with a sweet lovely smile and saids "You may have them for free!" I asked her if she was sure, and she responded that they were not being used and to just take them. I rode the Viscount with the death fork for about a month, and I can still report that I have all of my teeth. I ended up selling it with full disclosure of the fork pressumed challenges. It was definitely a light bike, and rode extremely nice. I would recommend that you ride it, and since it has some collectability, sell it in the future.

Flash