View Single Post
Old 06-30-05, 06:40 PM
skydive69

Bikes: Guru Geneo, Specialized Roubaix Pro, Guru chron 'alu, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by terrors
skydive, thanks for the biography and letter from john jr. what a thrill for him and his family. it is hard to imagine. i have just started road biking at the age of 62 (63) this year. can't get my head around another 30 years of doing it. it must be wonderful. my wife wanted to read the article (she is a writer and i have also gotten her to start riding outside). this year in my second year of retirement i took some provincial accredited courses and became a certified fitness instructor (bcrpa) and also have been teaching a couple of indoor cycling classes (spin) a week. that is what got me on the road i believed i needed real experience and i am hooked. oh, after reading the article my wife said " there you see, EAT YOUR VEGTABLES "
Yes, I ate a second helping of veggies myself tonight. I wish you could meet the man in person - he is my hero. He has a very strong handshake, and he is poetry in motion on the bike. We were going down the road one day at 22 mph, and I found myself drafting on a 91 year old, very special man. It sounds like you have broken the code for retirement activities. I think that is great about the bcrpa, and spinning classes! I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I am a 65 year-old retired airline pilot, and I have always been a fitness nut. My triathlete fiance got me into riding last June, and I fell in love with it, and now am an avid cycle competitor. It's fun to have a 41 pulse and about 5% body fat at the age of 65!