Old 06-30-05, 07:29 PM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by OneTinSloth
i just got a couple maps of the SF bay area. one that's west of the east bay hills (berkeley, el cerrito, richmond) and one that is east of the hills (moraga up through antioch). i just finished plotting a route that gets me from berkeley to the antioch bridge, which is bike accessible, and i want to know the mileage of the route. my plan is to go from berkeley, over to antioch, then up and around the north bay to novato, and back around through san rafael and sausalito, over the golden gate, then take public transportation back to the east bay. i just need one or two more maps, and to take a day and drive the planned route.

so...my question is this: what's the name of that little tool/device that you roll on a map and it gives you the mileage? or should i just use string? the problem with string is that i have two seperate, two-sided maps already, and i don't think string will stay put with my cat around.

so, yeah, what's the name of the tool, and what kind of store would have one?

oh yeah, i could've dreamed that such a thing exists, but i'm pretty sure that it does.

This must be the time of year we all start planning trips with maps. The tool exists, I have seen them too. If you find out where to get one, I want one too. I've been doing it backwards, riding the route and writing the results on the map after the trip.

edit post one minute later (duh)............

Bingo..... http://www.draftingsteals.com/catalo...ns---maps.html