Old 09-02-11, 08:41 AM
badger_biker 

Bikes: 10 vintage touring machines

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 66 Posts
Fender aesthetic advice needed

I want to add some fenders to my Voyageur for a tour later this month and would like some good old C&V aesthetic advice on what I'm thinking of getting for it. My current leaning is toward the SKS Longboards in the tan color but I would like some input on whether the silver or black may look better. I did a rattle can finish on the bike and will likely powdercoat or paint it at some point but I would like to stay close to the original color.

I ride the bike for pleasure rides but I'm rural so few people see it. I'm more interested in function for loaded touring. In other words I want the bike to look nice but it isn't going to be a garage queen and I may well remove them at times between tours.

Although they look great on many bikes I've seen here but I'm not really interested in metal fenders. I don't want to take the time and effort needed to fit them right now and I may want the flexibilty to use the same fenders on my Univega hybrid at times. It is a similar red color but with a silver fade. I have an old set of SKS chromoplastic fenders on another bike and they have held up very well over the years. That plus the long coverage of the longboards is why I'm thinking of sticking with SKS.

You folks have some beautiful bikes so I'd appreciate any input on color.

BTW- the bike now has lowriders in front and 1 1/4 Conti Gatorskins so I'll be using 45mm fenders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0656.jpg (101.1 KB, 151 views)
IMG_0654.jpg (98.4 KB, 126 views)
IMG_0655.jpg (99.1 KB, 195 views)

Last edited by badger_biker; 09-02-11 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Added info