Old 09-02-11, 07:03 PM
Rion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlphaDogg
Last year, it grew to weigh as much as 40lbs. It was IMPOSSIBLE to commute with that.
when I was in highschool, I didn't trust lockers, so i would have to commute with a chain lock, U-lock, 2 text books, all of my school work, my gym clothes, and my work clothes, all in a backpack and that weighed 50lbs on a good day. I think it was a 16 mile round trip. Not only that, but I was a Clydesdale weighing in at over 350lbs. The only reason my bike didn't collapse was because I was on a beefy mountain bike with a 140 spoke rear wheel and a mag wheel in the front made for lowriders. I don't even wanna remember how heavy that bike was...

As for answering your question, I would wear the shorts under what I normally wear on nice days and take them off once I got to work, but as soon as it got hot I would be wearing just the shorts and jersey. (I'm canadian, so I wear a hockey jersey XD ) in those conditions, it's worth it to completely change your clothes and towel bathe yourself in the handicap stall once you get to work.

For a while, I had the great arrangement where work started at noon and was on the same block as a gym, so I would wake up at 9, bike to the gym, work out for an hour, shower, get breakfast, then go into work

Last edited by Rion; 09-02-11 at 07:07 PM. Reason: more depth