View Single Post
Old 09-03-11, 06:13 PM
colleen c
I am a caffine girl

Bikes: 2012 Stumpjumper FSR Comp...2010 Scott CR1 CF...2007 Novara FS Float2.0...2009 Specialized Hardrock Disc...2009 Schwinn Le Tour GSr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mechBgon
4. if you want to go on the offensive, you could pick up a super-thrower flashlight and a CycleBlock and let 'em have it until they get the message. Probably best to carry pepper spray in case they want to make something of it.
I like
I have that modified Dry 2500 lumens 3 x XML on my helmet that strobe big time. Probably need more than pepper spray. Guarantee to piss off any drivers.

OP, what kind of lights you have setup on your bike? I find that too little of a light and car easily identify me as a cyclist and don't think they have the need to dim down. Too bright of a light and I find those who running on low beam will flick their high beam at me. Somewhere around 600 to 1500 lumens is where I seem to have cars thinking I'm a motorcycle and they turn their headlight down if they were running their highs and yet not have any courtesy warning from those feeling that they are blinded. Then again that's just my area in the city and most likely will differ than if it was on the highway or your area.