Banned

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix, Giant Innova, Nishiki Sebring, Trek 7.5FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok Zamboni!

It's like this...

Both the Raleighs have lower end componentry (like Sora) on them. However, since the Grand Prix has lugged steel tubes, I'd be willing to overlook that and upgrade later, because they don't make too many lugged, steel-framed-bikes, off-the-shelf anymore. I'd omit the Port Townsend though due to the component issue.

The Jamis Aurora is a great choice if you can swing it into your budget, because it has more acceptable componentry (Shimano 105) and it's set to carry cargo, since it's a touring bike. The Jamis Satellite's componentry ( Sora Again, but this time with Tiagra) is not as good as the Aurora's (Shimano 105 with Tiagra). However, it too can be set up to carry cargo, but it's really more of a hybrid bike, based upon its geometry. Plus the Aurora has other componetry that's just better!

The Fuji, has better componentry than the Satellite and both of the Raleighs. It edges the Aurora out too IMHO, because it has a good MTB rear derailleur (Deore) instead of a good road bike derailleur (Shimano 105). It's other components are great too!

* That gold Fuji Touring bike looks absolutely spectacular for 2012! ....SWEET!

If you can swing a terrific deal on a Specialized Allez Double Steel, you'd better hurry, because they're phasing them out of their line-up. Their last Allez Double Steel was made in 2010! You might also want to take a look at the Specialized "Roll 8" Globe city bike too.

If you just want what you want despite $$$SAVINGS$$$, the Fuji just might be your choice!...Or maybe mine!

Good Luck!

PS.

UV light degrades carbon...It won't affect steel!

Last edited by SlimRider; 09-05-11 at 04:23 AM.