Old 09-06-11, 11:06 AM
mikeybikes

Bikes: Tons

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris516
While this is seemingly getting off-topic, by talking about qualifications, the above mention, is hilarious. It makes one wonder, what the acronym means in Canada, other than Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. I wonder what other acronyms from IT certs garner a fine in Canada.

Getting back to bikes', what if bike mechanics in Canada(or even the U.S.) actually started being allowed to use certification acronyms on their resumes' pertaining to biking, but then the government started fining people for using the acronyms, for a reason totally unrelated to biking.
In most of the US, Canada and most countries, you cannot legally call yourself an engineer or practice engineering without being licensed.

Holding an MCSE does not license a person to be an engineer. Most folks with an MCSE know nothing about actual engineering design, analysis and ethics.

In addition, true systems engineers are not in the field of IT. They focus on managing and designing large complex engineering projects.

Even though I hold an MCSE, I would never, on my resume, call myself a systems engineer. I would list with my certifications that I carry an MCSE, however. I don't think anyone in the US has ever been prosecuted for writing down that they carry an MCSE.

Last edited by mikeybikes; 09-06-11 at 12:24 PM.