Old 09-07-11, 09:23 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,722 Times in 2,539 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeLawyer
The State Board sent very intimidating certified mail letters to the two guys, and copied the Ohio Attorney General.
the state licensing board is almost surely made up of licensed engineers. So they are somewhat biased towards the licensed engineers in this case. However, they are authorized with specific duties and limitations as are licensed engineer. It seems likely that this is a case of over-reach on their part. There is almost surely an authority over them that can smack them upside the head for shenanigans like this. In fact, this seems like a breach of the ethics clause to me. I would consider making an inquiry about filing an ethics complaint against the board members and the guy who made the complaint.

I checked the law in Pennsylvania. It has the following clause:
The term "Practice of Engineering" shall also mean and include related acts and services that may be performed by other qualified persons, including but not limited to, municipal planning, incidental landscape architecture, teaching, construction, maintenance and research but licensure under this act to engage in or perform any such related acts and services shall not be required.
The board in Pennsylvania has 3 members of the general public in addition to a larger number of licensed engineers, geologists and surveyors. These members of the general public are likely to go along with the rest of the board though. The board is part of the department of state, so the SOS is in charge.

Last edited by unterhausen; 09-07-11 at 09:45 AM.