Old 09-07-11, 11:44 AM
gadabout007
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LBS took my bike out for a ride.

I'm kind of pissed. Normally I do all my maintenance myself. I'm on vacation in an unfamiliar area and cut the sidewall on my front tire. I stopped by a bike shop on the route and picked up a set of new Zipp Tangente for a reasonable price. They said all prices include installation, so I figured what he heck, left the bike and called for a ride.

I went to pick up the bike this morning and it's obvious that the setup has been changed for a different rider. The seat was slammed all the way back. (I use a short 100mm stem), the barrels on the brakes were set so the pads were almost touching the rim and the handle bars were tilted up slightly from where they were when I left the bike. I could also tell that someone had ridden on the new tires and locked up the back wheel causing a small flat spot.

I understand someone taking a bike for a short test ride when they are working on the drive train... never for simple tire replacement. I've never heard of a shop changing seat/handlebar/brake position unless it's a fitting.

I'll likely never be back in this area riding, so I'm not going to bother going back to complain to a manager. Just seems odd that the "highly trusted" LBS with no bikes in a hick town of 2,500 people would mess with a bike setup. I should have figured something was up when they said they needed the rest of the day to install two tires. I could have done it myself in ten minutes.