View Single Post
Old 09-07-11, 01:50 PM
Dec1st

Bikes: 1972ish Ralegh Superbe step through in green, 1983 Nishiki International diamond frame in black with gold pinstriping

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peugeot Super Sport

I picked this up cheap cheap at a University sale of abandoned bikes.. It works as is, but could really do with a new chain and a clean and re-greasing (I'm on it!) and could do with some new tires fairly soon.

Here's my question: I am not really getting into bike flipping. I bought this is for my 15 year old to ride to and from school for a couple of years until she out grows it or whatever. How much effort should I be putting into this bike? It isn't mint, it is missing decals, it is likely going to be abused slightly by the nature of being a teenager's bike.

Do I go all out and get expensive components when it needs them because it is a good bike that would last her, or do I just keep it cobbled along and treat it vaguely as disposable? (Although, I wouldn't just junk it when we are done, it would go back to the used bike sale when we are done).

I thought about if this was a "What is it worth?" question. Since I don't have plans to sell it, I thought this was where to post.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/29306556@N06/6124433117/]