View Single Post
Old 09-09-11, 05:25 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
We have a few busy roads round here and most of them have a cycle "Friendly" lined off section- or a separate bike path. On my 30 mile trip from work to home there are bike lanes on the roads in Brighton on the busy main road out of town. Or there would be if cars were not parked on it to save shoppers from walking too far. Then on the busy A27 there is a separate bike path alongside the road---So why Do I see the odd idiot cyclist riding on this busy section of road in Rush Hour? Beats me.

Then a bit further on and still on the busy A27 the road narrows- still a laned off area for cyclists but then it suddenly stops. No sidewalk- narrow section of road and a curve in the road. Rarely see cycles here except for serious riders in single file and eyes in the back of their head. And it is like that for 10 miles or so.

Britain is getting more Cycle conscious and bike lanes and separate tracks are springing up all over- but sometimes necessity means you have to fight with the traffic.

Spike Milligan