Old 09-09-11, 09:21 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowan
Machka and I did a 2000km road trip through the Canadian mountains from Vancouver to Red Deer and back in her father's Caravan. I loved it.

My father-in-law can be quite the goer and gives the Caravan a workout from time to time, and he has been very happy with how it goes and its maintenance. Open highway cruising was excellent, fuel economy great, round-city tractability very good, and it was a quiet car.

I really liked being able to remove all the rear seats, then put one, or two, or all three back in as needed. And I am way, way past caring what my car looks like -- I just want to know it will do the things I want. And the Caravan fits that bill perfectly.

If we moved to Canada, it would be on our shopping list, for sure. We'd probably opt for the Grand Caravan for the longer wheelbase to carry the tandem, rather than the standard one Machka's father has. I never thought I would praise a Chrysler product, but there you go.
Get the "Stow and Go" option on the Chrysler T&C and you never have to remove the seats. They fold into the floor. Both the 2nd and 3rd rows.

I have the 3rd seats permanently folded down, which leaves me plenty of room for the bikes upright, front wheels on. The 2nd row of seats are up, so I can carry 4 people (bucket seats) easily. Since there are only two of us, we only use the 2nd seats if we have guests.