View Single Post
Old 09-12-11, 01:37 PM
GFish

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
The silver bullet to increasing performance is lose weigh off your body. If you lost 20 pounds, you were be a substantially better cyclist and feel a lot better, if that is your goal. The next best thing is to train harder and more consistently. Finally, the bike and equipment matter just not as much.
Yes, completely agree with this. That's why I purchased a heavier beginners bike since the equipment wasn't the limiting factor, it was and is my overall weight. I've lost 22 pounds in the last 3 months without dieting and plan to lose another 20 pounds. So I may have to stop eating pie and ice cream.

I appreciate the information on how weight to the perimeter of the wheel affects overall bike weight. This must be why people spend so much on quality wheels and tires. I have a long way to go before this becomes important to me.

OK, so I shouldn't forget how the tire looks, I can relate to this. After all, there is a reason why we choose the bikes we ride. And stapfamm, thanks for the information on wet roads and slick tires.

Thanks again everyone.