Old 09-12-11, 02:52 PM
NRZ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cpt.America
This is a great idea for a thread, and I have a question. I want to upgrade my garbage factory Shimano RS10s to something a little more durable, a little lighter, and a little stronger. The owner of my LBS recommended Mavic Ksyrium Elites, for like $675. Anybody have any experience with these guys as a relatively low budget wheel upgrade? Will I want to upgrade again to something better? (I hate buying twice, id rather spend more up front for the better tool).

6'1"
190 lbs.
Cannondale Supersix in 58
It's amazing you should post this. I am 5'10" about 190-200 lbs. I ride a CAAD 9 (56cm) and went from the RS10's to Krysium Elites because I refused to spend $1000 on wheels. I have put about 400 miles on them and they are perfect. Strong, light (saved a pound of weight) and just plain all around rock. The LBS strongly recommended them because the roads are rough and I'm fat. I couldn't be happier. I'm keeping my RS10's as winter wheels as they have little resale value.

My suggestion - go for it! I was also considering RS80's but couldn't find a new pair for a decent price (and even the shop said the Elites will hold up better so that was important to me since I'm not gram watching).