View Single Post
Old 09-12-11, 07:12 PM
Smallwheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Support Group Forming. Anybody Interested?

Originally Posted by she
Ive just started on unloading my stuff. I noticed something...if I put say things in garbage bag sometimes the say thing "talks" to me. I then realized I love the item and it should stay(for now).
I recall selling my mothers jewelry, my class ring, a tiny wooden rocking chair that was mine from near infancy, and a necklace with a unicorn pendant. It was a bit difficult to sell those things because of my emotional attachment to them. The only one of those items that I ever regularly saw was the rocking chair. The other things were in a jewelery box I hadn't opened in a year. Even then I would just look at them once every couple of years. I still have the memories of them and that is enough.

I sold musical instruments that I adored but didn't play anymore. Right now I should be listing some more electronics that are related to my past musical career. My problem is that I procrastinate. I want to create a support system for me and perhaps others who want to lighten the load of possessions that are cluttering their homes and lives.

I've joined Google+ and want to create a circle of people who also want to regularly report on their clutter removal. Google+ is in the Beta testing phase so it isn't open to everybody yet. It still has bugs. Every once in a while Google opens up some space for more people. Yesterday Google+ had some invitations available. If anybody wants an invitation to join Google+ for the purpose of joining my circle of decluttering (not a real word yet) send me a PM here with your e-mail address. That is how it works. I type in the e-mail address of the people who want invitations and Google sends it to them. I don't know how fast it works. If Google closes the invitation process for a while and everybody doesn't get in, I'll save the names and add them as more spots become available.

If you have any type of Google account and are signed in to Google at the time you join Google+, that account will be linked to it. If you don't want that account automatically linked to Google+ you need to log out of it, clear your cookies and cache, and then open a new account. Otherwise your Google+ account will be stuck with your old account information. They won't allow you to change your primary e-mail address. I made this mistake accidentally and now have a rarely used e-mail address linked to my Google+ account which means I must log out of the one I use most of the time and log in with the old account any time I want to post there. It's annoying.