Erick L
Lentement mais sûrement

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zoltani
Erik, what camera did you use?
Nikon D5100. I bought it with star time-lapse in mind because it has a built-in intervalometer and is excellent at high ISO. It The stars were shot at f4 (wide open) and 3200 ISO but I could/should have gone to 6400 to get even more stars. There's a good intervalometer/remote made by "Pixel" on ebay and amazon that works with most camera with a remote cord port. The cable can be bought seperatly on ebay to use different cameras with different port. The zoom and tilt were done digitally with LR Timelapse. Awesome piece of software.

It's pretty easy to do. Just set things up and go to bed. Then return in the morning to find the lens has fogged up after a few minutes. There are a few things to check like using a slow enough shutter speed for a more natural effect and flickering due to small differences in exposure between shots. The software corrects this but only to a point. The best article I found so far is here.

I have a slightly longer video here (wasn't part of the bike tour). You can see the flickering because I had to shoot at f22 and the aperture never close the same. I'll add a ND filter to shoot at bigger aperture.