View Single Post
Old 09-15-11, 11:24 AM
triumph.1

Bikes: 12 Bianchi Oltre VDCM,11 Bianchi Cavaria, 13 Bianchi Cavaria,12 Bianchi infinito, couple vintage Bianchi's and a 1980 alan super record

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cooler riding head gear question

Since this is my first season riding after 30 years off cooler weather is going to take some adjustment. This morning it was 45 degrees and 15 mph winds out of the north. Short of having zero pleasure on the ride I had on a thin short sleeve base shirt, long sleeve jersey, compression tights, light full fingered gloves, summer socks (mistake) and shoes with the summer insoles 9also a mistake). My ears froze and my feet were numb after 34 miles. My fingers weren't able to move quickly either. At any rate I can fix the feet and hands being cold, but I need to find a windproof light cap of sorts to cover my head and ears that doesn't flap in the wind and will stay on in windy conditions. If anyone has some different suggestions on head gear I'd appreciate it. I am leaning towards not wearing a helmet and going for comfort and practicality which is warmth.

Tim