Old 09-15-11, 07:31 PM
amckimmey

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zoltani
Word, at first the green sounded good, but seeing it it looks more of a grey-green, and kind of uninspiring...
The green is not so gray, look at the surly website. It looks darker there, the photos from interbike so far are over lit/ over exposed photos of the bike, the blue velvet looks so different in the photos when it came out then what I have now.

Originally Posted by sstorkel
All of the powder coat places in my area have a $150 minimum! And they charge extra for special-order colors
Normally shops will charge more to remove power coat, because it's more durable(its harder to remove)

Originally Posted by seeker333
more

I actually like the looks of the bike as a whole. It looks very clean, but I did just see the rear disc brake cable running on the top side of the down tube. This might not be the final product; Surly hasn't posted official photos on there sites. I figure there are some little changes they might do. The non-drive side seat stay has the spoke holder; I figured they would do that. With the Disc Trucker, it looks like it will be easier to mount fenders on. My brakes got in the way when I first put my fenders on, do to to the cables.