View Single Post
Old 09-16-11, 11:20 AM
DirtyHarry714
Essentials Bike Works

Bikes: Early 80 Celste Bianchi,Medici Pro Strada,Super Mondia,Cannondale Track Conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bottecchia worth "semi" restoring

Hey BF, I purchased my first italian frame about 3 weeks ago for about 35 bucks, it is a Bottecchia but i'm not too familiar with all their models. i hoping maybe some of you guys could put in some input about it. It's a 54cm the serial # is 326663 it is chromed out at the moment that's how i got it, no paint, no decals, all i know is that it was white from the old paint inside the fork, has the OG Bottecchia badge. I was going to make it into my Italian dream machine with my campagnolo rims but it was too small ( i ride a 60 cm bicycle) so at the moment i'm making it my townie cruiser so i don't have to be on my road bike all day, found most of the parts in my garage besides the Facem SAS 27 in. rear wheel and regina freewheel, i got those the same day. All it needs is to be wired up and i'll be able to ride it. My main question though is would this be something that i could paint up nice and get some decals for because i know they are somewhat sought after, not a full restore but i might make it a fixie and sell it so i could make the same amount of cash but not have to sacrifice any of my components. Pics are below thanks for checking it out!