Old 09-17-11, 09:34 AM
Snydermann
Lotus Monomaniac

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
if it was a quality bottle I would pay $15-20 for a nice Bianchi reporo. for somereason Bianchi does not see any value in producing any type of "retro" stuff.

about how much would they be? I don't even own a Lotus (yet) but might buy the bottle anyway
Actually, while doing research on vintage 1980's water bottles I noticed a number of Bianchi bottles on ebay and thought of you . . . . I envy the availability of memorabilia for many of the vintage bike lines.

It costs more to ship a bottle than to make one and two bottles can ship at the same cost as one. I was hoping to sell them in pairs with shipping included in the price. I want to sell them at a reasonably-low price, yet still make a little profit to perhaps finance another reproduction or help fund the Lotus website.

I don't know what price is good for a pair shipped, is $19.00 too much? Or would a lot more sell at $16.00? $10.00 for one and $16.00 a pair? I just don't know what the market will accept.

I know I could start low and raise the price if they sell "too" good.

Originally Posted by UberGeek
Be mindful of logos by companies still in existence (Even if not the current logo), or even if just the name is being used. They are still trademarked, and you may get heat for it.
Yes, I've considered this possibility. But given that it's a limited run low-volume product and it doesn't compete with anything available in the last 25 years, I'm hoping there won't be any problems. Years ago I reproduced a line of decals for 12" vintage GI Joes, Hasbro didn't seem to care and they were aware of my products. Sometimes big companies cut some slack to their vintage enthusiasts.