Old 09-18-11, 08:30 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Smallwheels
I sold my jewelry at a locally owned jewelry store and got thirty times what gold buying pawn shops offered and about fifty percent more than the gold buying services that advertise on radio and TV offer.
I've been pondering selling the ring that my ex wore while we were married. To be honest, since it was customized specially for her and it's a really nice ring, I don't want to sell it to someone who would just melt it down. I want the artisan's work recognized. I haven't known how to handle it. While the price of gold goes up, my indecision hasn't been a bad thing.

Since both Buddha and jewelry have come up recently, I have to recommend the book "The Diamond Cutter" by Geshe Michael Roach. The subtitle is "The Buddha on Managing Your Business and Your Life". Mr. Roach is a fully ordained Buddhist monk and worked as the director of a large diamond firm for many years after getting his Master's of Buddhism. He'd work in the diamond district during the day and go back to his monastery at night. The jewel really is in the lotus for him.

It's a unique book on business. What other book would recommend that when you are having trouble raising money to purchase a business that the answer is that you are being too much of a cheapskate and that you need to give to others more. Needless to say, his methods would get our economy back on track soon I suspect.

Check it out.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 09-18-11 at 08:42 PM.