View Single Post
Old 09-19-11, 09:10 AM
one_beatnik

Bikes: Waterford 1200, Raleigh Record converted to a single speed, Citizen folding bike, Surly LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks all. I've got it fixed! I found out after about 10 calls looking for parts around the country, that when Campy makes the new higher end stuff, they take the old and rename it to the step down. In other words, when the new Chorus comes out, the old becomes the Athena. I found an Athena 8 speed about 100 miles from me (a nice motorcycle ride). It's identical to my Chorus. Like the bike shop mechanic said when I asked him the difference between this and the Chorus, he said about 1 1/2 grams. (He was being facetious....) I lose that much weight getting my hair cut!! For someone that rides a steel bike pulling a BOB, the weight is not an issue! He said that I probably wouldn't really notice a difference. Well, now that I see it, I won't know the difference. There isn't one except the name on the side. My ego can handle that!

So instead of spending $300+ on the new Chorus and another $40 for the adapter, I'm running for $70. That works for me!