View Single Post
Old 09-19-11, 07:31 PM
neomor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need help with Classic Mariner--Anybody from this thread still around?

I just got this exact same model of Dahon Mariner, and I can't figure out how to fold the frame!!!!?!?!?!? I see the latch, but, I don't even see how it is theoretically supposed to move, and pushing it and pulling it in various directions has not made it move yet?!!? I don't want to break my new/old bike which has made it this far and is still in good working order, but it's not much good as a folding bike if I cant fold it! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! (Note: no manuals or videos available anywhere online :-( )

Originally Posted by noob_island
I got this Dahon Mariner from craigslist. The guy I got it from kept it in his attic for years and its cherry. I just needed to oil it up and it rides smooth. I think its a great bike but quite heavy, the thing is like all steel.

The only real problem is the plastic parts of the bike seem to be deteriorateing. The plastic disk behind the cogs crack to the touch. The front fender broke off when I took a tumble, I'm still learning how to ride. The plastic shield around the chain is a gone too. Who says plastic lasts forever.

I'm thinking about getting new brake paddles. The stock paddles dont have the reach adjuster, I have to reach pretty far to grasp the paddles.