Leukybear 
THE STUFFED

Bikes: R. Sachs Road; EAI Bareknuckle; S-Works Enduro

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Sherblock
On the Lizard Skins slippage... I've had the very same problem. I taped them up, the tape slid on the flats (of bullhorns), pretty close to the corner. Had to undo tape, which ruined a lot of it, so now have messed up bars. I'll probably try Skins again, but if the second experience is anything like the first I'm going back to Fizik.
Just putting in some insight.
I have lots of experience with the tape; I've always cleaned my bars, even new, with alcohol and let it fully evaporate after drying in preparation for the tape.
When it comes to wrapping, even though the package says not to stretch the tape, it can and has to be stretched slightly in order for the tape to not start unraveling (that's what happened to you I presume?). The trick with stretching it is to regulate the force you use to stretch the tape while wrapping so the tape does not outstretch and become thin while still being able to sufficiently cling itself via the underside adhesive contacting itself with the bar and the cling from the stretch.
Upon finishing, you should use the larger than usual provided adhesive strip to wrap the entirety of it's width on the tape itself at the top with even pressure (consult above so you do not compress the underlying tape as well; ~~the adhesive strip does not need to make contact with the bar to ensure maximum hold on the tape.