Eatadonut
You know you want to.

Bikes: Pinarello Prince, 1980's 531 steel fixie commuter, FrankenMTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stubacca
Like I said before, lead but lead carefully and attentively at a speed you know he can maintain. Is he a good enough rider to draft close enough for it to be beneficial? I'd ride beside him and chat as much as possible...

I'm not sure, he probably could, he used to do club riding, and he was a big cyclist in college. So he's rusty, but he's got the skills in him.

I'd love to ride next to him, but 1) he's got a hearing problem that makes it difficult for him to understand anybody when there's a strong wind (or when riding), and 2) I'M not a good enough rider to ride beside him without worrying about running him off the road, and 3) the roads we have to ride around here are trafficked, and the shoulder is a necessity when it's there, and when it's not you need to crowd the edge.

I did get to get up next to him once or twice out in the country. It really is one of the best experiences a son could have - we never played baseball or any of that stuff when i was growing up, and this is something we both love.