CX, MTB, Road, SS, BMX

Bikes: CX, MTB, Road, SS, BMX, CRUZR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iief
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to make biking harder for me.

Why not just pedal harder? Well that's what I do now, and it just makes me hit more stoplights.

I live in a dense area and use biking during exercise breaks. I find it helps me to oxygenate the brain (yes I work from home)

I want the bike to do less with more effort without modifying it in a potentially harmful way. Any ideas?

Thanks
Cycling can be as easy or hard as you make it. If you're sticking to pathways and flat city streets with lots of stoplights and an average speed of 10MPH, it's going to be easy.

I also work from home and have a daily "lunch ride". Either road, mountain or cyclocross I average ~1:30 or riding time, 1000-1700 feet of climbing and 20-25 miles. With mountain biking, I do more like 10-15 miles, depending on time constraints. My average speed, including the tough climbs and fast descends with everything in between is around 15MPH.

I usually go see my clients in the evening, so I have to be back within a reasonable time frame.

Seriously, go do hills or sprints with your current bike and report back if biking is still "easy".

Dont deflate your tires, wear weights or any of that stuff - just go hit some hills.

Last edited by Dion; 09-26-11 at 08:43 AM.