Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by dougmc
I am skeptical of this claim.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by dwr1961
Oh, my friend...

I have no doubt that this young man is dealing with a load of guilt and grief that few of us can comprehend. Although his actions may have stemmed from inattention or inexperience, I'd wager that there was no malice in his heart at that moment - only surprise, anguish, and then fear and helplessness. I would not wish his circumstance on anyone.

He'll probably never get over this - and forgiving himself might be impossible.

I hope that he's given a long prohibition from driving. That would be just. The emotional baggage he carries from now on may exact a toll that colors the rest of his existence. Is that indeed punishment enough?

I'm praying for Kevin Pavlis' family and friends... And also for the young driver. In some ways he's lost his life, too.
Originally Posted by jakemoffatt
Well this is a tricky one.

The driver claims there was a car crowding him off the road... I don't doubt it. ...

Also, think about the psychological impact this must be having on this guy... Having killed 2 people... In some cases that would be punishment enough.
Originally Posted by slide
Also what will severe punishment to the driver do to the good? It sure won't revive the McDaniels.

Also any of us who drive have had lapses of inattention. Perhaps this was such a lapse that resulted in the death of two innocents, but the *crime* of attention lapse is one we're all guilty of doing. Keep that in mind those who want to hang the driver not for the attention loss, not because it resulted in deaths, but because the dead were on bikes.