Old 09-27-11, 09:37 AM
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Bobs b-day ride with large pics=long.

As my b-day was this thursday last, I felt the need to do the 61 miles required by 50+ tradition. The down side being that my usual riding partner was working so I had to do it alone. As it was quite breezy, I opted to do trail miles instead of road. This is from where I started.

My humble abode-fortunately just a block off of the Badger Trail. The next couple of pics are fairly typical of the trails in this area.

Below is where the Badger and the Sugar rail trails cross about 10 miles north of my starting point.

As the bike was going to need a bit of sustenance, I headed towards New
glarus and the

as you can see, my bikes do not eat so well as some others bikes e.g.Stapfam.

After a short break, I headed on some back roads to grab the Badger trail north of the tunnel pictured below. I, of course, made a slight miscalulation in direction so that it took me a bit longer than necessary, esp. as I intended to come up from the south side.

From that point I rode south to to the Il state line, where I picked up the Jane Addams trail for a bit before turning back home. I ended up with a touch over 61 miles which was appropiate as I was by then a touch over 61 myself. I gave some consideration to doing the extra distance neeeded for a metric century, however, decided that would be a tad OCD. I admit to being a bit tired at the end as I am short miles this year but its nice to know that the legs still work well enough.