Old 09-27-11, 02:49 PM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
Sure. But the 17 year old kid standing behind the glass he's throwing stuff at is doing what he was told and trying not to get fired. Since we're talking about fast food, that kid probably doesn't even know what discrimination means.
There's no point in getting mad at the kid to be sure. However, though it sounds cold the kid makes a choice regardless of policy and is responsible for it. The business made a choice in the policy, and in hiring the 17 year old who won't judge circumstances, in the first place. If those choices are wrong then they all have a share in it and I won't see anything wrong with holding them all responsible. For me that just means costing them business.

That said I wouldn't even try a drive-through unless I was pretty sure they'd serve me. A teller of national bank chain handled it pretty well here (I'd been accustomed to using the drive-through of the local bank they purchased). She asked me politely to come inside while making it clear that she would give me service at the window if I insisted. It was one of the few marginally satisfactory policies of that bank which makes me think it was the teller herself, not policy. I went inside btw.