Thread: BCA Bike?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-11, 08:33 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by KOBE
If you have a few hours to kill try this thread. It will make you an expert.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ght=ross+bikes

The 80's was basically Ross's best years with a few good road bike builders making their Signature series and one of the first Mountain bike sponsored teams.
I read that, it does have a lot of info on Ross bikes, but next to nothing about BCA, there were two short post on BCA one poster said they were all junk and another wanted info about them to which no one responded.

I'll go look at it later today, I can tell by the level of components and frame tubing if it's any good, I was just hoping to gleam some info before I went. He's not a bike fanatic at all, didn't know the model name or the components on it and he was at work so he couldn't look at to tell me, just trying to clear his garage of junk and the bike was there. He said it seems to be in overall good shape...but that could mean anything! He wants a $100 for it, but I probably won't buy it if it's a low level bike, if the bike is in bad shape but the components are good like Suntour Cyclone (in my dreams) I'll buy it just for the parts. But I have a feeling it's a low end bike.