View Single Post
Old 07-05-05, 07:45 AM
stella

Bikes: 1960 Denelt; 1970ish Batavas (commuter); 1998 kona cindercone; colnago classic w/campy chorus

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 80sMutRider
Well, I decided to go for a Midnight ride tonight, to my mistake. It seems that I forgot about the clubs and bars. So of course by the time I get out of the house after getting home from work, everyone is getting out of the clubs/bars. So of course I'm having to deal with TONS of traffic, TONS of loud drunken people randomly walking into the street without notice. It wasn't the funnest. I was hit once, I was starting up from a stop at a light, and this car comes out of nowhere and hits the rear of my bike, luckily nothing was hurt on my bike, but he needs a new headlight. And then these idiots started chasing me down a street, nothing too hard to avoid, except for the street was slippery cobblestone (where I somehow managed to get road rash on the inside of my calf).
It's too bad, because this would've been the perfect night for a nice calm ride.
RI drivers are clueless when sober--let alone drunk! A great place for late night riding is Blackstone Blvd--Swan Cemetary. I used to take late night rides throughout the East side and part of Pawtucket on my late night rides. So far, still alive and unscathed.